Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bower Kitchen

The Bower kitchen was one that I worked on earlier in 2010.  As you can see from the before and after pictures, I eliminated her peninsula and gave her an island.  An island always helps with traffic flow and opens up the space more.  She wanted a two-toned look, as well, so going with the island allowed for that.  I picked up the light paint of the island in the crown molding treatment and some accent cabinets to try to bring the two together more.  She was very concerned with her granite selection, which I had little to do with.  The countertop company she chose decided to extend the ends of the granite to the door casing, which I would not have recommended, but it was what she wanted...you can't make people do what you want all the time!  Whitco Home Furnishings did their backsplash and floor tile and it turned out great!

Before the remodel:

After the remodel:




No comments:

Post a Comment